The Platform – 100 Words Story

Photo by Satoshi Hirayama on Pexels.com

I am on cloud nine today! She finally did it! I stood up and clapped as hard as I could, while Seemi received her Doctorate Certificate on the stage.

“Look at the widow’s husband!! Why is he so happy? Show offs !!” I heard some whispers. I clapped harder.

Widow, huh… when I am her husband now! I have never seen her as anything else. She is just my Seemi!

I remember clearly. She had held my hand when I had tried to jump onto the tracks that night. A stranger at the platform became my lifeline, eventually. Love happens!

‘This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon  . Writing long articles sometimes is easy but to put a thought in just 100 words is difficult. So, I have challenged myself to focus on writing 100 word stories in this challenge, though I will be adding some long posts in between.

Love,

Chinmayee

25 Comments Add yours

1. Mayuri6 says:

In love, you don’t really realize who is supporting whom. Simply beautiful, Chinu. You manage to say so much in such few words.

1. Thank you so much for your kind words 🤗

2. Matheikal says:

Love can happen on the side of a rail line too. 🙂

1. 😁😁 I am sure it happens 😀

1. Thank you for your kind words 🤗

3. soniadogra says:

Lovely take on love!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you Sonia for stopping by!

4. Vikram Karve says:

Very Nice Story

1. Thank you so much, sir 🙂

5. Tarang says:

Oh, it’s a lovely story!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much , Tarang ! It means a lot.

6. Lovely thought.
    Deepika

1. Thank you so much ❤️

7. Loved this story about second beginnings. Beautifully written. I am so in love with your stories!

1. Truly grateful that you liked my attempt. Thank you so much 🥰

1. You’re most welcome 🙂

8. Nicely done. We all deserve a second chance, even in love 🙂

1. I appreciate your support and encouragement ❤️ thank you 😊

9. Ruchie says:

Wow!! sweet and crisp story!!

1. Thank you so much ❤️

10. A true lifeline that she is for him…why bother the world then. Crisp writing and interesting tale.

1. Thank you so much for your comments 😊