Feeling low? Wondering what will happen when the world will end? Pondering over whether apocalypse has really hit us? Pause and pick up the book titled Heroes of kindness . And I am sure your perception will certainly undergo metamorphosis! This book is a presentation of the strong resilience of the Author who strongly advocates that we have kind hearts around us and who can act like angels to someone having a bad day or time. The key is to believe in the very existence of such noble souls.
I am here today to present before you the book review of the E- Book written by Dr. Roshan Radhakrishnan.
- Book Title– Heroes of Kindness- 50 acts of kindness by Real life people that will brighten your day .
- Published by– Self Published on Blogchatter platform during Blogchatter E book Carnival 2020
- Author’s Name– Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan
- About the Author– The Author needs no introduction actually. He is a Kerala based anaesthesiologist who believes in the healing power of love and laughter but practices medicine just to be on the safe side. He is a blogging wizard and has been trying to heal the world through his words . He is the only Indian to win first place in the Season one and two of Write India , India’s largest literary contest. You can find his award winning blogs at Godyears.net.
- Title and Cover feel– The title is very direct and self explanatory. The Cover is minimalist in design and has a bright pink background with the title standing out in the center just enough to capture the attention of the readers.
- Narration– The narration is very lucid and is easy to understand. The message is direct and one can easily connect with it.
- Content- It would be wrong to just refer this as an E book. This is because it is goodness enriched with fifty real life examples that bust the myth that the world is nearing its end and is beyond its repair due to human greed or selfishness. It beautifully captures the readers into its own world of positivity. It has twenty-seven chapters where in fifty acts of kindness have been showcased. what is praise-worthy is that the Author has taken the effort to bring forth such examples where love for fellow human being has overpowered the usual feeling of indifference that is so common these days. The Author sets the tone of the book from the very beginning by sharing his personal experience. His very first line i.e.
“Weird as it sounds, this book focusing on positivity was born from unending
pages of negativity.”
portrays the strong belief that the author wants to convey which is best can come out of the worst . The author wants his readers to believe that the world is not a bad place and there is still good, kind & lovely people helping each other. He has taken the arduous journey of grouping acts of kindness from different sources and has gone to the extent of interviewing many of them. This , while he being in medical profession that needs constant attention and dedication. This very effort is commendable and the sole aim is to inspire and motivate his readers. In a world where we are surrounded by negativity very often and opening a newspaper is no different, this book surely opens the window to a world full of hope, faith , belief and trust in the very humane nature of people around us. The readers must take a tour of the chapters to see the extra ordinary happenings in the very ordinary situations that we come across in our daily lives. The author has showcased many cases from India and as well as from abroad to depict that goodness prevails and how we can help each other and change someone’s life with even a small act of being compassionate or considerate.
Be it Mr. Howie Dittman who participates in a LGBT rally and helps change perception of many or the case of a passenger who helped Ms. Latonya Young to complete her school, every change maker in the book is definitely going to compel the reader to introspect . It was fascinating for me to explore the case of a surgeon who walks 8 miles through the blizzard for attending a cancer patient and conduct a successful surgery. Even the case of 70 year old Sreeman Narayan and Vinod kumar KV were heart touching. In the 27th chapter the Author has put together instances happening in India during the lock-down period to cite examples where starting from a six year old Debangkita Banerjee to a 67 year old Paburam Manda have become catalysts of positive change. Though it is difficult for me to pick up any favourite portion of the book, the below statement remains engraved in my memory. The line is as below:
“Why hold onto burning coal when you have diamonds around you?”
- What I missed? Well I have no intention of going missing like the two surgeons as per the author(wink), hence my only issue with the book is to have more chapters to keep the goodness flowing endlessly.
- So what are you waiting for? Please grab your free copy by clicking the link below.